Which contoured keyboard is best for you?
Remember that any model may be upgraded to any other
· Advantage USB (basic programmable) models.
List price range $299-325
The Advantage line are the most popular and versatile models of our contoured keyboard
family. Easily customized, they are optimal for most computer users.
· Advanced ergonomics PLUS on-board programmability
· Programming features at an intermediate
· Remap any or all keys!
· Select 24, 36, or 48 macros (56, 38, or 28 characters long,
· Switch between QWERTY and Dvorak layouts on the fly!
· Modifier keys can be "sticky" (set
· Advantage (LF) Linear Feel model
List price $325
Same features as the standard Advantage except the LF model utilizes the Cherry MX Low-force Linear Feel (Red stem) key switch instead of the Cherry MX Low-force Tactile (Brown stem) switch. For comparisons of both switches click here.
· Advantage Pro USB (advanced
List price range $359
Our most complete package, the Advantage Pro is popular with
programmers and serious computer users suffering from RSI. With twice the
memory of the Advantage USB, it supports longer macros. It has a hidden memory
locking switch so you can protect your handiwork from accidental
changes. It also includes a Single action foot
switch (which can be upgraded to a triple action
foot switch at the time of purchase).
· Double memory for longer macros (24 macros yields 142
characters, 36 macros yields 94, and 48 macros yields 70).
· Memory locking switch protects users or managers against
accidental or unauthorized programming of the keyboard.
· Single-action foot switch included.
· Upgrade at time of sale to Triple Action Foot Switch for small additional
· All USB models are both PC
& Mac compatible.
Options for Kinesis contoured keyboards
· The familiar Qwerty
key layout is standard
· The embedded keypad
offers maximum productivity and comfort for 10-key users, especially using a
· The Optional Dvorak
key layout speeds typing. All Advantage & Advantage Pro keyboards switch on the fly. Note: Except for "QD"
models, keycap legends are Qwerty only.
· Want dual legends?
Buy a "QD" Qwerty-Dvorak switchable model, or get an upgrade kit
later. Sorry, but Dvorak-only legends are Not available.
Dimensions of keyboard:
· Width: 16.5 inches
· Height: Maximum is 2.9 inches high
· Depth (front-to-back): Approximately 8 inches
Memory chips. The Advantage has one memory chip, making it
fully programmable, with up to about 56 characters per macro. The Advantage Pro adds a
second memory chip, which extends maximum macro length to about 140 characters.
This feature consists of a hidden slide switch which prevents unwanted or accidental
programming (or erasure) of your keyboard's memory. The switch is located just above and
between the left Ctrl and Alt keys. It is accessible with a business card, or a key cap
puller (provided) can be used to remove the Ctrl and/or Alt keycap for total
accessibility. Memory locking is standard on all Advantage Pro keyboards and can be added
to other programmable models as an upgrade. In addition to installation of the physical
slide switch, this upgrade requires special firmware and a modification of the circuit
View sketch of memory locking switch.
• © 2000-2012 Kinesis Corporation. All rights Reserved •