Much more flexible than “natural-style” keyboards; no adaptation required. Select any opening between 0 and 30 degrees, a wider range than “natural-style” keyboards. By “splaying” the keyboard modules it positions your wrist and hand in a neutral posture greatly reducing ulnar deviation.
Adjustable lateral tilt
Select 8 or 14 degrees – offering almost twice the tilt of the Microsoft Natural keyboard. This allows users to minimize forearm muscle tension (pronation) without the pitfalls of excessive tilt.
Your mouse is right where you want it – not at arms length! Even fully separated, the Maxim is narrower than the new “narrow” Microsoft Natural Elite. In a typical split configuration, the Maxim keeps your mouse significantly closer than with any “natural-style” keyboard, reducing over-reach issues.
Removable palm supports
Comfortably padded to take the weight off your shoulders without hurting your hands and eliminating wrist extension.
Quiet, tactile switches
Key switches provide a soft touch and positive feedback.
Flexibility in configuration
Adjustability allows the Maxim to conform to the user’s preferences. Optional dedicated 10-key allows the user to position it where they want it.
Compatible operating systems
- USB & PS/2 Systems: Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10.
- Peak force: 45 grams
- Activation force: 36 grams
- Travel distance: 3.66 mm
- Switch type: Rubber dome, membrane
- Width:15.10 inches; Max: 19 inches when fully splayed.
- 6.50 inches without palm supports; 10.33 inches with palm supports installed.
- Height: Min: 1 inch; Max: 3.50 inches when fully elevated to 14 degrees of tenting.
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Shipping weight: 4 lbs
- USB cable length: 6 feet