Advantage2 now available, featuring the all-new SmartSet Programming Engine, mechanical function key switches, and much more. Five great new models to choose from, shop here.
The original Advantage has been discontinued. All discontinued products are non-returnable . 2 year limited warranty on the original Advantage still applies.
Refurbished units of the Advantage keyboard. Thoroughly inspected, tested and cleaned. Backed by the same 2 year limited warranty offered with our new models.
IMPORTANT USB 3.0 NOTE: Advantage keyboard’s currently do not work on most Windows 7 computers which have USB 3.0 ports, even if they also have USB 2.0. This problem does not exist in other operating systems, including Windows 8, Mac & Linux. For user’s with Windows 7 computers that have a USB 3.0 USB port we advise to purchase the new Advantage2 keyboard that is fully compatible with Windows 7 and USB 3.0 ports.
Separate thumb keypads
The thumb keypad includes often used keys such as Enter, Space, Backspace, Delete and the combination keys, Control and Alt on the PC (Command and Option on the Macintosh). This redistributes the workload from your relatively weaker and overused little fingers to stronger thumbs.
Separate key wells for each hand
This separation minimizes strain and stretching by positioning your arms approximately at shoulder width and with wrists straight. This design reduces abduction and ulnar deviation (common symptoms experienced with repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis).
Compatible operating systems
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10
- Mac OS 8.6 and higher (Not compatible with non-US layouts)
- IMPORTANT USB 3.0 NOTE: Advantage keyboard’s currently do not work on most Windows 7 computers which have USB 3.0 ports, even if they also have USB 2.0. This problem does not exist in other operating systems, including Windows 8, Mac & Linux. In some cases bios settings can be tweaked to fix the Windows 7 problem see Troubleshooting-Advantage Keyboard. If you are unable to fix the problem, contact Kinesis Technical Support about a cable conversion kit (no charge within 60 days for keyboards purchased prior to August 15, 2016. For keyboards purchased after August 14, 2016 a $25.00 charge will apply. Domestic and international shipping charges may also apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-454-6374 (option 2) 8am – 4:30pm, M-F.
- 2-Port 1.1 USB hub
- Onboard memory. Select 24, 36, or 48 macros (56, 38, or 28 characters long, respectively
- Supports unlimited key remapping.
The Advantage is shipped from the factory configured for Windows. Users can instantly change the configuration to a Mac or Non-Windows PC layout. Please click on the appropriate link below to the view the three configurations:
- Windows configuration
- Macintosh configuration
- Non-Windows PC configuration
- The Windows keys are easily accessed by pressing the embedded function key assigned to them.
- Switch type: Cherry MX brown, tactile mechanical
- Peak force: 55 grams
- Activation force: 45 grams
- Travel distance: 4.1 mm
- Width: 16.50 inches
- Depth (front-to-back): 8 inches
- Max height: 2.875 inches
- Distance between F & J Keys: 9 inches
- Weight: 2.20 lbs
- Shipping weight: 4 lbs
- Cable length: 7 feet 3 inches
|Feature||Advantage||Advantage QD||Advantage Pro||Advantage LF|
|Mechanical key switch features||Tactile (Brown)||Tactile (Brown)||Tactile (Brown)||Linear (Red)|
|Programmability features||Standard||Standard||Longer Macros (Double the Memory)||Standard|
|Fixed separation Measured between G & H key||~7″||~7″||~7″||~7″|
|QWERTY legends Print||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|QWERTY/Dvorak dual legends Print||No||Yes||No||No|
|Non-US language version
( Swedish Print & UK Print )
|Memory locking Prevents accidental erasure of custom programming||No||No||Yes||No|
|Bundled single foot pedal default action is ” momentary Keypad ”||No||No||Yes||No|
|Color||Black||Black||Metallic top, black bottom||Black|